Region X is only as good as the help you provide. Volunteers are essential to the make-up of the Association. If you are interested in having a more “hands on” role with the Association, there is plenty of work to be done behind the scenes. Please complete the form provided and we will notify you on the status of your requested committee appointment. Please understand that VPPPA committee members are appointed at the sole discretion of the Region X VPPPA Board of Directors. This typically takes place on a quarterly basis, however monthly appointments do occur depending on the immediate need. The committee you request to assist on may be full so please don’t be disappointed if your primary request is not fulfilled. As a member of a committee, you are expected to attend scheduled conference calls and/or meetings as needed. Participation is the key to being a part of a VPPPA committee. If you are unable to attend a committee call/meeting you are expected to contact your VPPPA Committee Chair either by e-mail or phone.
Committees include the following:
- Workshops | To provide review and selection of non-sales workshops for the annual conferences. To assist in attendee guidance to workshops during the conferences and any other matters related to workshops.
- Legislative/Regulatory | To provide leadership, guidance and support to government agencies and Congress at the federal, state and local levels in a proactive and cooperative spirit in the areas of safety, health and environment.
- Communications | To solicit and develop articles and advertisements highlighting the activities of Region VI for publication in any National VPPPA publications as well as other publications outside of VPPPA.
- Marketing | To develop and implement strategies to market the annual Region VI VPPPA conferences and to improve and promote communications between the Association Board of Directors and its members.
- Construction – Mobile Workforce | To promote and encourage the expansion of VPP in the construction industry through education and assistance.
- Outreach & Education | To identify opportunities to reach out to potential VPP sites with the goal of increasing the number of VPP sites. To seek out opportunities to communicate information and the merits of VPP. To provide guidance, strategy and direction on educational opportunities for our members and non-members with respect to VPP and OSHA challenge.
- VPP Program Assistance – SGE Mentoring & Coordination | To streamline and facilitate improvement and growth of the mentoring program for the federal OSHA, state-plan-state OSHA and DOE VPP programs and the OSHA Challenge Program in order to allow for consistent administration of the mentoring process at the regional level.