As a member of the VPPPA, you can use your talents to help shape the Region X agenda and set priorities for the future. We invite you to volunteer and serve on a committee with influences on the VPP and the VPPPA.
Region X Committee Leaders (first name is lead – except nominations is rotational):
Communications – led by a board member. Responsible to communicate the chapter’s opportunities and business to the membership along with any national communications that require the chapters help. Submits support articles for the national office publications as requested or voluntarily.
Contacts: Jack Griffith, Cliff Butler
– led by a board member (S) off years. Identifies the BOD openings via the chapter’s by-laws and will work to advertise these opening. Conducts the elections process and monitors the voting actions during the summit.
Contacts: Cliff Butler, Tim Taylor, Eddie Larson.
– led by the Region x vice-chair. Follows the process from the national office and any other awards deemed by the Region X BOD. Responsible to advertise, receive and vett the awards for the summit recognition.
Contacts: Max Van Valey, Saprena Lyons, Eddie Larson.
– led by the chairperson and a BOD member. Pursue opportunities for the chapter to show case the VPPPA program in our regional areas. Work with state and national bodies to engage companies and workers about the opportunities in the VPPPA org.
Contacts: Rocky Simmons, Eddie Larson.
– led by the chairperson. Working with the national office on membership in the VPPPA org. Provide support for companies by connecting them with the national office. Share the membership opportunities during the outreach processes and on the website.
Contacts: Rocky Simmons, Curtis Reece (National VPP Committee Member).
– Region X BOD member is partnered with the national board process to create opportunities for companies to be mentor within our Region or elsewhere when requested by the national office. Work with our states and federal office to support such activities when needed.
Contacts: Jack Griffith, Max Van Valey, Saprena Lyons.
– led by the chairperson. The team is made up of high-energy members who can dedicate some specific time to help create and prepare the Region x Summit annually. This work will require substantial time and commitments from the member’s company’s leadership team.
Contacts: Rocky Simmons
– led by a board member. Work with the national office to support necessary conversations and actions that support the VPPPA org.
Contacts: Rocky Simmons.
– led by a board member. The work is to continue to build positive relationships with management, labor and non-management workers.
Contacts: Jack Griffith, Rocky Simmons.
** Some duties are better describe in the chapters by-laws and the national by-laws process. Whenever feasible the chapter will follow the national by-laws process and will continue to create the best opportunities within the chapter area of responsibility.